Why Microgaming Slots are so popular
Although the majority of the online casino players have their personal favorites in terms of software providers and games. The competition has grown fiercely in today’s time, and still, Microgaming is hailed as one of the best software provider holding one of the top 3 positions with ease. And the most important fact is that the software provider is reputed for regulating their license effectively and strictly.
Some of the popular Microgaming platforms include:
- Quickfire: The best thing about this gaming platform is that games are available as Standalone Solutions. For the casino operator, it translates into best games at best possible rates. For players, it means variety and ease of access to the most popular games that are launched with one click of a button. The platform is available in multiple languages and features Quickfire iQ that allows operators to personalise, simplify and automate several processes thereby supporting player retention.
- Download: The desktop platform offers the best Microgaming experience in an easily downloadable package. Players can choose from 45 different languages with access to multiple games at a single time. The games run into auto pay mode with several adjustable variables. The lobby features Account Management options for players allowing them to fund the account with bonus credits and real money. The PlayCheck function allows players to review their gaming transactions.
- Instant Play/Web Based: Players can access this Microgaming platform from any mobile or PC that supports HTML5 technology. Few games run on Flash, but it is soon likely a thing of the past. Just like the Download platform, players can access a plethora of languages with a wide range of premium games. Everything is available over here, and players won’t face any troubles finding their favourite titles. The other features of the platform include Account Management, Loyalty Program, Game History, and Cashier Menu.
- Multi-Player: They are one of the first software providers to offer multi-player functionality, thereby bring different players together in an interactive and playful manner. Also, the multi-player is available on all platforms, and there is a Game Room feature available allowing players to chat with others simultaneously. Players can upload their own customised avatars and personalise lots of other things. Also, there are tournaments where players can participate and compete in several ways. The games are available in a single round and multiple rounds.
Micragaming Company History
The company was founded back in 1994, and they were the first software provider to launch games for the iGaming industry. The entrepreneur Martin Moshal laid the foundations of what was to become the biggest and most successful gambling software developer in the world. Interestingly, Microgaming has its roots in South Africa, although its headquarters is located on the Isle of Man.
The founded the Interactive Gaming Council or IGC in 1997. This organization deals with casinos ensuring fair and random games. They also make sure that people are playing responsibly and protect consumer rights.
Roger Raatgever has been the Chief Executive Officer of the company since 2001. The company has more than 2000 employees working at different offices. Some of the key figures at Microgaming include:
- John Coleman – Chief Financial Officer
- Lydia Barbara – Head of Innovation Strategy
- Janine Woodford-Dale – Director of Marketing and Sales
- Melissa Summerfield – VP of Operations
- Alastair Ross – Head of Microgaming Asia
- Jean-Luc Ferrier – Director of Network Games
They launched Cash Splash which was the first online slot game featuring a progressive jackpot. Players had the option to play the games online or download it on their PC. Initially, Microgaming designed all games through Flash. Over the years, they shifted to HTML5 technology for designing games for them to become compatible across multiple devices.
In May 2009, the software provider announced their highest ever win in the iGaming industry with their game Mega Moolah where a player received $6,374,434 as jackpot money. This record was broken in October 2015 when one player won a whopping 13,209,300 GBP. In the year 2016, Microgaming launched Virtual Reality Games to meet the growing demands of the industry.
Since the inception of the company, Microgaming has won several awards for being one of the leading software providers and innovator in the iGaming industry. The year 2016 was vital for them as they won 3 awards namely:
- Innovator of the Year Award at IGA
- Digital Product of the Year at Global Gaming Awards
- Software Products for Poker Games at EGR B2B Awards
Right now, Microgaming ranks second next only to NetEnt in terms of overall game volume and similar products manifesting in the online casinos.
Casino Games at Microgaming
The company has been around since the dawn of the internet, and they have more than 20 years of experience that goes into making some of the great games. They have been around for so long that the games either make a trend in iGaming or are one of the first to recognize them.
Whether you are looking for a game with a classic storyline like Hound Hotel or a new casino adventure like Jurassic Park or Tomb Raiser, Microgaming has everything to cater to the gaming requirements of all players. The company has invested a lot in online bingo and runs its own online poker network known as MPN.
The slot games from Microgaming are known for their fun and innovative theme. Take the Phantom of Opera slot for example that features wild dancing symbols. They are the first software provider to introduce 243-way slots. The slots are named so because they create a combination instead of paylines to form a winning combination in 243 ways.
This software offers a variety of different casino games. You can play blackjack, poker, slot machines and scratch cards from Microgaming. They provide more than 600 casino games in total.
With their live casino, you can experience the best online gaming experience possible. Most of the games are available in demo version thereby offering an excellent practice ground for the newbie players to understand the gameplay before switching to real play mode.
Microgaming Mobile Casino Games
Although the new online casino industry is just 20 years old, it has undergone tremendous advancements over the years. One of the most significant changes is game development for smartphone, tablet, and mobile devices. When it comes to mobile gaming, Microgaming offers true flexibility second to none. They have been the first to offer mobile games to players with more than 300 titles available at the fingertips.
Microgaming is known for their colossal game portfolio, and their mobile games certainly lives up to the expectations of the players. Players can choose from a wide range of titles across categories like slots, table games, video poker and many more. Also, players can choose from several progressive jackpot games on the smaller screen and get the chance to become the next millionaire.
For the Blackberry and older smartphones, the software provider offers a wide range of Java-based instant play games. For the sophisticated smartphone devices, the native applications from Microgaming are available to download from the app store for iPhone and play store for Android. Also, the cutting edge HTML5 technology allows real game playing across any portable device with ease.
Summary and Rating of Microgaming
Any new player in the gaming business (just like any other industry) craves to become a leader, to rise at the top and stay there until doomsday. One such company that has managed to achieve this feast is none other than Microgaming. Their portfolio has more than 850 games which is something no other software provider can offer to their players.
They are best known for their branded slot games like Game of Thrones, Jurassic Park and Tomb Raider to name a few. The average payout ratio is more than 97% which is relatively good.
Also, mobile games are not only compatible with traditional smartphones but also with the latest tablet PCs and smartwatches. In short, the company is a synonym for simple, bright design with supreme functionality, high tech support and one of the biggest wins in the gaming industry.
Also, the games are fair, reliable and trustworthy with no foul play. Start playing at any Microgaming Online Casino and experience a new world of gaming.